Our core values are summarized in one word FLITU coined from the first letter of each value. The figure below summarizes the core values of West Ankole Diocese.
- Faith. Faith is the cornerstone of ministry in West Ankole Diocese. We will walk in faith and keep our eyes on God for the direction and provision for the fulfilment of God’s work (1 Corinthians 2:5). Our faith will be evidenced in all that we think, say and do.
- Love. We will live Great Commandment in John 13:34-35: Love God with your whole heart, whole soul, and whole mind; and Love your neighbour as yourself. We will be deliberate and take time to show Love for God and for our neighbours.
- Integrity. According to Proverbs 10:9, He who walks with integrity walks securely, but he who perverts his ways will become known. We will be honest and truthful, even when it hurts. We will allow no cracks in our character.
- Team work. As a church we value teamwork. Everyone in the team counts, and his/her contribution too. “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labour: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up” (Ecclesiastes 4:9–12).
- Unity. We desire the unity of believers for which Jesus prayed (John 17:20-23). In order for the church in the Diocese of West Ankole to be a true fellowship of believers despite the different backgrounds, we invite all to set aside such differences and pursue unity that our Saviour Jesus Christ cherishes.
These five core values embody who we are, how we work, and are core to our culture. These values guide our decision making and govern how we work with, and interact with each other, every day